Saturday, October 31, 2015

Canvas Wall Art

SUPPLIES:

  • Canvasses ( I got mine from Dollarama)
  • Paint
  • Paint Brush


I'm trying to get the house decorated room by room.  The main living area had an empty wall, behind where the TV will eventually end up.  I already put two long shelves on the longest wall in the room and put a ton of framed pictures on them, so I knew I needed something other than typical photographs for the other wall.  I picked up a few canvasses from Dollaarma when I was there earlier in the week and I knew I had paint at home leftover from various other DIY projects.  I browsed Pinterest for some inspiration and away I went.  This is SO easy to do.  You literally just paint random lines on the canvas, like this:


 


I added a bit of black to the gray paint I had to make it darker for my next set of lines:


Then I added some yellow:


I added some white to the yellow to make it lighter.  This is a good tip, instead of buying multiple shades of a colour, just buy a dark shade, and add white to make it lighter.  Then I finished it off with some white:


You can use as many colour as you want.  You could do thicker lines, thinner lines, some of each; whatever your little heart desires.  Seriously, SO easy.  You have to wait for the lines to dry before you apply the next colour; that is the most time consuming thing.

HERE they are hung on the wall (don't mind all the kids' crap in the pic)':

 
 
I'm really happy with how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment